Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A short update before I rush off for work

Hi everyone. Currently in Stuttgart and staying here for the next 3.5 weeks.

Work's great. I'm working at a factory called Pilz that manufactures motherboard and other electrical components for automation. A really light and easy job, no heavy lifting here and there. Attire is the company polo shirt and jeans whatever. Only thing is that I have to keep wearing an armband that's connected to earth to ensure that I'm constantly grounded and no static electricity built up on my body can destroy the miniscule electrical components. So far I'm building curcuit boards and running tests on them. Next week I'll be learning welding, so that's a really useful skill later on for engineering.

My supervisor and colleagues are really nice people as well, teaching me lots of things and constantly praising me until I feel quite paiseh. Thank goodness so far that no-one has expressed 'Sino' phobia - That the Chink is here as a spy to steal technology!

Gabriel's family has been great as well to let me stay at their place. Looking forward to tomorrow, travelling up to Frankfurt again to meet bro-in-law...

Ok guys, just a post to show I'm alive and well! Photos coming up hopefully!

No comments: